PROMOTING A SAFER CHURCH AT ST LUKE’S
The care and protection of young children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of this Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victim/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED that someone you know is at risk, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or, if necessary, report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Name: the Revd Jackie Doyle-Brett
Tel: 01904 628337
Name: Sheila Audsley
Role: St Luke’s Safeguarding Representative
Tel: 01904 400026
Name: Julie O’Hara
Role: Diocese of York Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 01904 699524 – 07551 124951
LOCAL AUTHORITY SOCIAL SERVICES
01904 551900 (outside office hours, at weekends and on public holidays contact the emergency duty team on 0845 0349417)
Archdeacon: 01904 699500
Local Police: 101
• NSPCC 0808 800 5000
• Childline 0800 1111
• Stop it Now 0808 1000 900
• NAPAC 0808 801 0331
• thirtyone:eight (independent Christian charity which helps organisations protect vulnerable people from abuse): 0303 003 1111
• Samaritans 116123
• Family Lives 0808 800 2222
• National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
• Action on Elder Abuse 080 8808 8141
Diocese of York safeguarding: www.dioceseofyork.org.uk/safeguarding
St Luke’s PCC has complied with the duty under section 5 of the Safeguarding and Clergy Discipline Measure 2016 (duty to have ‘due regard’ to House of Bishop’s guidance on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults).